In Partnership with MICAH
Neighborhood Team Leader The Youth and Young Adult Organizing Project (PROJECT) is a new initiative, which will deepen relationships between participating congregations and neighborhood youth and young adults through an organizing process that will transform lives while taking aim at reducing mass incarceration, poverty, unemployment, while lifting up a new vision for Milwaukee around equity and opportunity.
The Neighborhood Team Leader will work with the Young Adult Organizer to form and guide teams of 10-20 youth and young adults in each neighborhood of participating congregations members and youth in the neighborhood. The teams will be led by the Neighborhood Team Leader through an ongoing, expanding process of leadership development, spiritual formation, civic engagement, restorative justice, community service, and personal goals leading to a Holy Ground of safer, healthier neighborhoods and transformed lives.
The Neighborhood Team Leader will organize and lead his/her Team under the direct supervision of the Young Adult Organizer and with accountability to the Pastor and designated leadership of the participating congregation.
Description of Duties
- Recruits and develops Neighborhood Teams of 10-20 youth and young adults
- Works under the direction of the Young Adult Organizer to shape and guide the objectives and actions of Neighborhood Teams •
- Works under the direction of the Young Adult Organizer to encourage the leadership development and personal goals of participating youth and young adults •
- Engages in ongoing 1:1 relational meetings with neighborhood youth and young adults •
- Helps the participating congregation to be strengthened through deepened relationships with neighborhood youth and young adults
- Works with the Neighborhood Team in networking with possible allies •
- Guides the Neighborhood Team in successful issue cuts offering tangible hope in the 53206 zip code and surrounding areas
- Works under the direct supervision of the Young Adult Organizer •
- Accountable to the Pastor and designated leadership of the participating congregation
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Strong commitment to the vision of the PROJECT •
- Ability to initiate and develop empowering relationships with youth and young adults from challenging backgrounds •
- Personal attributes of integrity and faithfulness •
- Self-motivated and well organized • Openness to being trained, held accountable, and supervised • Willing to work flexible schedule, including evenings and periodic weekends
This is a part time position paying a stipend of $400 per month for at least thirty hours of work. As the funding base increases, the stipend and expectation of hours worked may be expanded.
To Apply click here.